I pretty much hate resolutions because the fact is that if I can identify something I ought to be doing better or differently, waiting for a certain day to come before I make that change is idiotic. However, I do have a few things I’ve been working on lately that I intend to accomplish and complete in 2012. So here is my list of what’s going to happen in 2012, in no particular order:
1. Write and polish a short story, then submit it to Writers of the Future.
2. Finish my 4th novel, Beat.
3. Rewrite my first four novels until they are ready for submission.
4. Get enough sleep. I have been living with a sleep deficiency for 20+ years, with a 2-year break while I served as a missionary in Brazil. This is going to change. It has become quite clear that the single most important thing I can do for my overall well-being is get enough sleep.
5. Sign with an agent.
6. Give my all to have at least one book deal by the end of 2012.
7. Look for and vocally recognize something positive in each of my family members every day.
8. Continue to improve in my daily scripture study.
9. Watch my mouth.
10. Improve my income by at least 10%.
11. Go to the temple a minimum of 20 times.
12. Lose 30 lbs by running at least one 10k, a 5k in 20 minutes, and a half marathon by the end of the year.
You see. My resolutions are better than yours? What, you don’t think so?
Well share yours in the comments, or link to a blog post of yours.
Your resolutions are very ambitious. I’m ashamed to admit I’ve been afraid to really challenge myself the past few years.
I find that even with ambitious resolutions that are very difficult to accomplish, when I’ve got a vision of what I’m trying to accomplish, I feel more fulfilled. I recommend it.